Thursday, July 4, 2013

I've Been Set Free

My chains are gone! I've been set free! ~Amazing Grace, Chris Tomlin


It's so appropriate that on the day that America celebrates it's independence, I am celebrating my freedom from college debt! In the two years since I have graduated, I was able to work and throw most of my paycheck towards eliminating my debts before finally paying them off on July 1st. But really, this is all by the grace of God who provided me with a job and worked everything out in his perfect timing. If I had not had debts coming out of college I might have pursued InterVarsity right away without ever finding out about InterVarsity Link. Praise the Lord that he led me to Link and that it is such a perfect fit, it was worth waiting for! Jesus also came to set us free from bondage to sin and for that I am also incredibly thankful this Fourth of July. 

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. ~Galatians 5:1

No comments:

Post a Comment