Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Always, Always

My foes are many, they rise against me, but I will hold my ground. I will not fear the war, I will not fear the storm, my help is on the way, my help is on the way. Oh my God, you will not delay, my refuge and strength always. 

A song that has been on my heart a lot recently is the one above, entitled Always by Kristian Stanfill. The song is a great example of something that I have to continually remind myself of: there is my perspective and there is God's perspective. Even when my obstacles seem overwhelmingly impossible, God is bigger and stronger. My God will come through always, always. My biggest challenge right now is looking at the amount I have to raise (49% to go!) compared with the amount of time left (only a few weeks til Aug 16th!) and just trust that God has got it all under control. Of course, there are so many details besides just getting the finances to come in and I have to daily turn over my worries/burdens/struggles to God because ultimately I have zero control over them anyway. I will not fear, His promise is true. 

Last week I took pictures for the Evening Bible Camp program at Chantilly Bible Church. I took almost 1,000 photographs during the course of the week! But not every picture was in focus, not every picture captured the moment, and not every photo forms an adequate picture of what it was like to actually be there and participating in the events. Part of my role as the EBC photographer, was to go through all the photos, delete some, and to organize the rest into a powerpoint slideshow so that the parents could see in 8.5 minutes what went on during the week. This is how it is with God, I see glimpses of how He is at work both now and in the past year, but I'm not sure how they all fit together. I'm not even sure that they will make a cohesive whole. This event looks blurry, this one might be upside down for all I know, and this one seems too good to be true. I waste rather a lot of time trying to tell God how to organize the slideshow. This would be similar to someone who hadn't even been at EBC trying to tell me that the photograph of the kids in the canoe should go under 'Bible teaching.' God is the one who is putting everything in its proper place at its proper time. It is so freeing to realize that He has only the best in store for me. Troubles surround me, chaos abounding. My soul will rest in you. God is always by my side and on my side. Always.


Archery at Evening Bible Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment