Friday, December 7, 2012

The Interview

"...a date which will live in infamy."

~ President Franklin D. Roosevelt

After turning in my application a few days early, (I submitted it on November 26, the Monday after Thanksgiving) I received a date for my interview: December 7th. There was some confusion over setting up the actual time for the interview because of working around my work hours. It was at last settled for 4pm that Friday and I left work early in order to make it home in time. In the event, I was extremely rushed to make it on time and stressed. I made it to my computer and had Skype up by about 4:05 and a couple minutes after that my interview began.

I can't even really remember all the questions that were asked but I remember just being nervous and trying to answer clearly. When an hour and a half later the interview was over, I was emotionally drained. All of the adrenaline that had me keyed up was leaking away leaving me feeling tired and doubtful. I took a hot shower and tried not to overthink my responses, tried not to worry, tried to just wait patiently. Fortunately, the staff coordinators didn't make me wait long. Four hours after the interview, I received an email inviting me to join IV Link staff. I am prospective staff until I am accepted for a placement, attend orientation in June, and raise my support.

In my journal the next day I wrote: It's such an awesome feeling to have a plan for the future, and even if that changes, just knowing that God has really blessed my efforts in pursuing ministry. It was also great to go to choir practice the morning after and be able to tell people what was happening.  My friend also had her interview the same day as me and was accepted on staff too. What an amazing blessing to be able to take this journey together! InterVarsity staff, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment